Who we are

Two college students posting reviews on anything to do with tea. Could include loose leaf recipes, tea mugs, kettles, pots, teabags...you name it. We'll probably come across it at one point or another.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Brew

Inspired by my first cup of loose leaf ever, "To Life" from Teavana almost 8 years ago, I put this concoction together. It came out pretty damn good if I don't say so myself.


  • 1 heaping teaspoon of Honeybush
  • 1 big pinch of Peppermint
  • 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon of Ti Quan Yin Oolong 
  • 1 teaspoon of Mao Feng Green
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Pai Mu Tan White 

It's complex, especially with the mint undertones mixing with sweet honey flavor. Hardly needs any sweeting, since Honeybush has such a powerful flavor. 

I'd like to get my hands on some Jasmine petals and add that to the mix, although it might tip the blending too far in favor of the mint. Also, I'm willing to bet SpecialTea's Honeybush Vanilla would add some awesome flavor to this mix...I'm just not a fan of vanilla. ;) 


ALSO, looking for a name for this blend. In the spirit of Fiddler, maybe Matchmaker? (click it!!!) 

 Haha, I'm open to suggestions!




Your faithful addict,
The Tea Mistress Extraordinaire 

No comments:

Post a Comment